1. It is undoubtedly a VERY beautiful watch (and I kick my *ss for not having ordered one on time just because I love it and nothing else). It’s not the first time that it happens, now the train has gone and I enjoy seeing this watch when I have the opportunity to see one in the metal that’s it
2. It is was limited to 25 pcs per metal RG and Pt and is currently not available anymore since a while
3. The demand is much higher than the offer since it is officially discontinued, so few pieces have been produced, and none had appeared for sale anywhere so far. So potential (very wealthy) buyers have no other option but to fiercely fight when one exceptionally appears for sale
4. Someone has put a bid at this very high price whoever it is and apart from Phillips nobody has a clue about who it is
5. These are the facts and all the rest is speculation
Talking about speculation, prices… I take the opportunity to remind to everybody that this thread is borderline with the terms of conduct as Jay was mentioning at the beginning of his post. Can I please recommend everyone to read them again for making sure not to go out of bounds with the rules. Thank you to all.