Great thread, Douglas!
My personal pet peeves:
* cost-saving measures with simultaneous profiteering, especially:
• lovelessly produced movements without precision work in the high price (haute horlogerie) segment or
• movements that are too small in cases that are too large or
• calling rudimentary revised standard movements “in-house” or
• cheating in general
* hands, that are polished not on all sides
* standardized white date wheels that are built into as many watches as possible, regardless of whether the color matches the dial or not
* „Automatic“ written on the dial
* watch models from the diving watch segment with a water resistance of only 30m
* in general: watches with a WR less than 10 bar (especially if they are meant to be „sports watches“). A WR of 10 bar should be a minimum standard in modern watchmaking.
* concepts that are brought to market quickly, that are not well thought out and are driven by management and / or marketing departments that have no real passion for watches and could just as easily be active in the detergent industry
* artificial shortage
Comments: view entire thread
1. Date wheels at the 4:30 position 2. Date functionality that doesn’t automatically switch at midnight (slow changing) 3. Date functionality that can only be set forwards 4. And, last but not least, having the date functionality in general. After all, th...
Like what Lankysudanese said....
Date window at 4:30pm is a no-go for me...which is why I can't get any sought after APs P Brands that makes models that I cannot tell them apart, like Panerai. I also do not like imbalanced dial, a small seconds window on the side...like the FPJ CBs and e...
My Pet Peeves
Rolex deliver almost every watch on a bracelet. Rolex never heard of a sapphire crystal case back. AP thinks a Royal Oak is enough. PP is afraid to come with modern watches. Brand neutral Pet Peeves: Complex strap attach systems, you can only chose what t...
As weems said, a pet peeve for many, and certainly for me. I'm especially disappointed to see GS going down the limited edition route. If you're the type of person who heavily analyzes your options before a purchase, it makes that analysis impossible. By ...
What I find really annoying
Is the lack of available product... it drives me crazy not to be able to walk into a store and just order a piece that I like. Waiting 1 year or so would be perfectly acceptable but having to buy less interesting pieces in order to have the honour to be o...
Great thread, Douglas!
My personal pet peeves: * cost-saving measures with simultaneous profiteering, especially: • lovelessly produced movements without precision work in the high price (haute horlogerie) segment or • movements that are too small in cases that are too large or...
I do not like cathedral hands. Non quick set dates. Manual wind watches that are not comfortable to wind (Speedy pro) Brand names that remind me of feces (Shinola) Watch shapes that look like toilets (Towson Watch Company) Too many contrasting fonts on a ...
How about odd lug sizes
19 - 21 -23 just are not necessary. Surely an extra millimeter will not ruin the golden proportions of the watch; and open up the options for the next strap.