I’ve been reading up on a few watches that have caught my eye, one of which is the Breguet 5907. As understand it the 5907 was made with two movements: originally it came with the Cal. 510 and later with the Cal. 511. The main differences between them seem to be:
1. 95-ish hour power reserve on the 511 vs the 72-ish hour reserve on the 510.
2. Flat bridges on the 511 vs the “scooped” bridges on the 510.
3. 28,800 VPH on the 510 vs the lower 21,600 on the 511.
4. I’m assuming there are fewer watches in circulation with the 510 vs the newer 511.
5. The crowns are larger on later models, but this seems to be an upgrade that Breguet will undertake when the watch is serviced.
So the pros of the 511 seem to be the neater aesthetics of the flat bridges and the greater power reserve, with the pros of the 510 seeming to be (theoretically) greater stability / accuracy due to the higher VPH and (presumably) greater rarity.
Is that a fair summary, or is the 511 superior to the 510 in other ways (or vice versa)? Put another way, if choosing a 5907 would you always choose the 511 over the 510 and if so, why? I’d appreciate your thoughts.