Watches and Wonders 2022: Jaeger Lecoultre Master Memovox Timer Rose Gold.
In 2020, Jaeger Lecoultre introduced the Master Memovox Timer, a new Memovox, using the new Master Case, totally revisited, refined should I say, thinner ( 12, 39 mm high ), even though it has the same diameter than the former one ( 40 mm ).
The key points of the Memovox Timer were:
- The blend of coolness and elegance, with a superb sunburst blue dial contrasting with the polished applied indices and an eye-catching alarm disc with engraved numerals.
- The generous bevels on the lugs. The case gains in balance and class in its proportions.
- The front part of the Dauphine hands is brushed on one side, polished on the other side.
- The see-through case back which required revisiting the Cal 956 and its alarm components, as the gong is fixed to the case side, now.
- And of course, the fact that the Memovox Timer allows you to know how much time is remaining in a blink of an eye before the alarm chimes. A clear inspiration taken from the 1958 Memovox Parking Ref 3161 or E 856..
The new Memovox Timer, in rose gold, keeps the same ingredients but with a totally different chromatic partition.
I am not a colored gold person, but I must say that this new Memovox Timer is one of the rare exceptions. Here the rose gold case goes very well with the sublime black and grey hues and the golden applied indices / hands.
The sunburst decoration of the black dial is breathtaking.
The outcome? A Timer which is now more elegant than cool looking, compared to the steel version.
A superb object ( of desire ) which has three issues, in my opinion:
- It is limited to 100 pieces, and available only through the Boutiques. The Steel Edition was limited to 250 pieces.
- The retail is very high: 34, 000 Euros. Which is the double of the steel " Timer ".
- Most importantly, I would be mad about a Jaeger Lecoultre Alarm you can set on 24 hours... and without a date!
Looking forward to reading your comments and thoughts,