I custom designed this one with Felipe, and it came out better than I could have imagined.
Much like my Benzinger, I think bespoke watches from small independents utilizing existing movements offer amazing value. The movements are easy to maintain and extensive custom work can be performed at a very reasonable price point. I actually am more satisfied with this purchase than watches like my Zeitwerk that were way, way more.
Most importantly, I get to support a fellow entrepreneur and emerging watchmaker!
Bullets, because I am lazy…
· The movement! Everything is here. Internal angles, thick anglage, snailing on the gears, a beautifully engraved balance cock, frosting, etc. You usually won’t find anglage or interior angles like this unless you spend 10x.
· He nailed the dial. I asked for something lightly textured, and I think it came together well. It makes an otherwise reserved dial come to life.
· Logo plate. Really well executed, this is actually pressed in and required very tight tolerances to do correctly.
· Hands are beautiful, broad and very reactive to light.
· Case is vertically brushed in the middle section, everything else is polished. The lugs are cool too!
· The crown has a nicely inlaid ceramic logo.
· I outlined what I wanted, Felipe sent over ideas, then we agreed on what made the cut, and this was the end product. A simple and fun process!
· He was essentially bang-on with the wait time and pricing was incredibly reasonable, it made this a total no brainer.
Overall, I would 100% recommend him. Unfortunately, I think he’s closed to orders right now. Definitely planning on a second watch, maybe the moonphase he’s doing.