Further to those details.. Happiness !
Well, my friend, as you may realize
- this is my first post - entry on the Breguet forum, and a very happy one, as you already have realized:
So I will share part of my recent experiences during some memorable stretch of days, where I was able to realize a little dream - Little ?
- For me, as a humble novice to Breguet, definitely not little, quite the contrary - absolutely significant and adorable
( actually had been attracted by this or similar XX's pieces already for a while, but not knowing what I was to expect, to experience
- Hence, also as you Nico, have been encouraging me a bit ,
- with pleasure I'll follow up on the significant find, I had been fortunate to encounter recently:
Nico's pics above in the main post say it all about the piece - an amazing Vintage beauty in every single aspect, IMHO
- So for now I'll make it short - thus , just the pics to complete the set and a little bit of the story's twist:
1/ the watch - you have seen above - just here; need no say no more..
Vintage XX Chrono and The lovely Vintage original Box ( Cherry - 1)
- Already this beautiful, small orange /yellow Chaumet - Breguet "containment" is pure pleasure, terrific shape, the edges very preserved - the colors match the indices..
2/ The Details and further Cherries
- What else - look below: as we experience, the Horloger in fact has a Vintage Shopping bag to go with it , practically NOS it looks, it smells wonderful !
Cherry-2: The Vintage Shopping bag - as if you would just have left the Breguet AD ..
But here next below:
the real catch, the - how do you always say : the ultimate Cherry on the cake ( here already the 3rd Cherry):
- we open the box and it displays part of the story:
One brother, in fact apparently the owner of the plane, Jean Claude ( as I deducted) makes this watch as a present to his elder brother ( ".. grand freer Jaques" , as a Christmas present on 25-12-78
( sorry, my iPhone does not good justice initially for the beautiful handwriting - will have to re-do that..)
Alltogether, it leaves us, me for sure, pretty speechless - Time has been touching us..
- Am quite moved by the strength of the moment ..
Cherry-3: Here the catch: The story is inside !
Thus, as you have said:
- an almost COMPLETE SET ! - A Breguet, my first one, in pristine condition all around ! - Thus, an amazing find with a wonderful story !
Again here, thank you also for encouragement ! ( Not always easy when watch budgets are already pretty stretched, BTW.. )
- but here no real doubt, just happiness !!
(The certificate of authenticity to follow soon, actually together with a new strap, matching even more the indices,
- but the light NATO I find terrific, as well .. - Will come back with more pics and feelings, if you kindly allow.
The obvious WS of the new owner .. REALLY cool, simply to adore !
Thus, indeed, a terrific find, a fantastic experience, thank you for such good company and being present at this endeavor and experience !
Happy and proud to be the new "present keeper", as they frequently but pretty wisely say in the Vintage Car domain.
"Will definitely hold thou good and dear - Welcome my Breguet XX Chrono" !
Hope, (no am almost sure) you liked it , as much as I do ..
- Just realized this may have been my 1k post .. times have been flying recently